Thank you for your interest in joining the Hunger & Environmental Nutrition (HEN) Dietetic Practice Group (DPG)! Take a look at out Membership Brochure and visit the Academy's DPGs page to join today.
As a HEN member you will receive these benefits:
- Online access to the Journal of Hunger and Environmental Nutrition
- A quarterly newsletter rich with in-depth reporting on issues, frequently offering free CPE credits (check out the Winter 2014 HEN post)
- Connection to an active, engaging Electronic Mailing List (EML)
- Quick updates and eZines on important issues, including legislation, trends, and networking opportunities
- A voice and advocate within the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy) on important issues
- Opportunities to meet colleagues and make lifelong friends that share your values and enthusiasm
- Networking opportunities at conferences around the country
- Opportunity to be a part of the HEN Speaker’s Bureau, which offers groups the unique perspective of dietetic professionals
- Recognition of your efforts by your peers with the opportunity to be nominated for the HEN Award
- Potential recognition for your contributions on HEN projects that help fulfill the DPG's mission
- Reduced rate for student members
- Scholarship opportunities for international members
Academy members can select to join the HEN DPG when renewing their annual membership, or at any time during the year, for $35. The cost for Academy student members is $25 per year. You can access the Academy DPG membership page here.
Feel free to print and share the HEN Membership Brochure (PDF) with other Academy members, students, and potential Friends of HEN.
International RDs and DTRs
Every year the HEN DPG offers a scholarship to an RD or DTR who is working internationally in the food security or sustainable food systems arena. The scholarship provides a one-year paid membership to the Academy and to the HEN DPG. Application deadline is February 15th. Click on the "Scholarships" tab on the left for more information.
Become a Friend of HEN
Individuals who are not eligible for membership in the Academy but are interested in issues of nutrition, food security, and sustainable food systems are encouraged to join as Friends of HEN (FOH). Organizations can also become a FOH - fill out an application today!